Thursday, August 14, 2014

Days 13-15

Blog! It's been a while! I didn't mean to stop posting, it just kinda happened. I was busy and tired. So now we're backtracking.

Day 13
At 7:00 in the morning, I went to cross country practice, just to visit. Someone asked if I was Isabel's sister, so I had to say "No, I'm Isabel!" but with my splint it sounded more like "No, I'm Ishabel!" I also talked to my coach, and she was super understanding and stuff :)

I had my two weeks post-op appointment with my surgeon! He said everything looks good... There's still swelling to go down, and that my swelling is a little lopsided. But my teeth are fitting perfectly into my splint and I can stop my salt water and medicinal rinses he prescribed. My splint will come out at 6 weeks, but he said if it's really bugging me it can come out at 5 weeks. He also said I can start chewing in two weeks! Booyah. And he asked me if after I finish this whole process he could take my picture for his website! I'm gonna be famous! Woot woot. That was pretty much it.

I chopped off all my hair too! I don't know why I didn't do it a long time ago, I feel so free! And my mom likes it, because she doesn't find my long hair all over the place now!

Before
After!




















This is the only photo of my face I got this day :\
No profile shots...

Aaaand then I kind of had my first night back at work. I work as an usher at a community theater, and every time we open a new show we have a meeting, and get to watch the show. That was one of those nights! It was a lot of fun catching up with everyone there, but afterwards I WAS EXHAUSTED. Part of it was that I couldn't fall asleep 'til 2:00 a.m. the night before, but it was also a long day, and I'm still getting my energy back. HOWEVER, I felt very productive considering for the past two weeks I've done nothing but sit at home and catch up on my TV shows.

Day 14
I started the day off thinking "Where's my hair?" and then I remembered it was gone.
I took my little brother to swimming lessons this day, and then met my cousins to go shopping afterwards! We ended up going to a thrift store, an army/navy store (don't ask...), and the mall. At the mall we decided we were all hungry, so we went to the food court, and I was able to find no-chew friendly options for me, and I ordered all by myself! No translator needed. And no drooling either!

This was another long day, after which I ended up pretty tired. And 'twas another day that I didn't get any pictures :(

Day 15 a.k.a. today.
Today was relatively calmer... ish.
I went to cross country practice today to actually practice, except we didn't go on a run today, we did plyometrics, which was probably a mistake. We ran a 1 mile warm-up which went fine. It just felt weird, because I felt like my cheeks were bouncing the whole time. Then we started doing plyos, and I started to get more and more lightheaded 'til I finally told the people around me that I couldn't do anymore, and sat down until I felt good enough to walk over to my coach and tell her what was up. Again, she was super understanding which was so nice! It was just frustrating, because I feel so energetic sitting at home all day, but I get so easily tired whenever I do the smallest bit of activity! Gaaaaaah. It's only getting better though. I just have to take it easy.
I got mistaken for my non-existent sister again today. One of the coaches asked me if I was new, and I had to say "No... I'm Isabel!" and she said "Ooooooh I didn't recognize you with your haircut!" and I just went "Haha yeah..." and continued to do my stuff. I have a feeling I should get used to encounters like this. BUT IT'S SO AWKWARD.

After cross country, I felt slightly discouraged. But when I got home my mom said my swelling looked a lot better! And I only did about 45 minutes of exercise, so this is something I'm going to keep doing. Even if I'm worse than I was at the beginning of the season, and slower than eeeeeeveryone else.

I had an orthodontist appointment today! Everyone there said I looked good. My orthodontist didn't really do much, because I don't think he can do much with my splint in my mouth. I just have another appointment in 3 weeks.

I also had to go take a test at a testing center for an online course I took this summer. The only reason I mention this is because I had a little trouble keeping my mouth quiet. It's hard to swallow your spit when you're still re-learning to use your mouth. I tried to keep my slurping as quiet as possible, but there were several weird noises coming from my mouth throughout the test, and I just hope the other people testing there weren't too bothered. eheh.

That's pretty much all for today!




I have no idea how often I'm going to keep posting, so we'll see. Things are slowing down!



No comments:

Post a Comment