Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 20

HOLY COW. Day 20. We've stepped it up a level! AND TOMORROW IS 3 WEEKS. However, I feel like it's been months since surgery. Time is anything but flying.

I started school today. I got lots of comments like,
"Wow! You look so different!"
"Your hair is so cute!"
"How long does it take for the swelling to go down?"
"You barely look swollen at all!"
"How's your face?"
"How's your jaw?"
"Does it hurt?"

And most people were able to recognize me! Yaaaaaaaay.

I spent most of the day hating my splint. I feel like I talk like a 7 year old with a pillow in my mouth.

I DID NOT DROOL. I am seriously so scared this is going to happen. I have an emergency mini-pack of kleenexes stashed in my backpack just in case.

Luckily, I was able to go home for lunch. So I ate leftover ramen noodles (If you chop them up enough, they're pretty easy to eat!) and mashed potatoes, and cut up steamed broccoli.

I ran one mile today at cross country. Our first race is tomorrow, and I'm debating on whether I want to participate or not. Our races are 5Ks, which I easily ran last Friday, but at races you're kinda supposed to push yourself and I'm scared to push myself. I would really hate to faint in the middle of a race... but eh. We'll see.

You get crummy laptop pictures again, because the only person home is my brother, and I don't trust his photography skills (sorry Henry).


I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that I have a chin now
eeeeeeeeeeeeee 





1 comment:

  1. I remember getting excited about people probably not being able to recognise me because I would look so different.... and then pretty much everyone I saw after surgery (and after the balloon face had disappeared) said that they couldn't even see a difference really. Sigh. You win some, you lose some.
    You look great!

    ReplyDelete