Sunday, August 31, 2014

Day 32

The one month mark has come and gone :) And it feels so good! I can't really believe I've made it this far.

My lower lip feeling is starting to come back! I noticed just today when I was washing my face. BTW, still not a fan of washing a numb face. Even though I've been doing it for a month.

I have not experienced any of the "jaw spasms" I've heard about on other blogs. I'm not complaining, because from what I've heard, they aren't very fun to experience, but I just think it's a little weird.

I GET MY SPLINT OUT THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW. I can't contain my excitement, so I try not to think about it. I'm also planning on racing my first XC race of the season that day, which should be interesting. My goals are to not faint, and to get a time under 30 minutes. That's all I ask of myself.

In the past month, I've gotten a few "celebrity look-alike" assessments from friends/family. So far I've been told I look like...
Amanda Seyfried...

Elle Fanning...

And Shailene Woodley
This has made me oddly happy, even though I don't really see myself in any of these girls. I've never ever been told I looked like a celebrity, and I feel like that's mainly because there are no celebrities with recessed chins.
And I wish I could go on a big huge rant about my feelings, but angry rants aren't really my thing. I'm not a very angry person, and I'm not so great at articulating things that I feel strongly about, so I'll just say this:
If you go on pinterest and look up "normal quotes", stuff will come up that say things like, "Normal is overrated." and "Normal is boring." and "Don't be normal.". Throughout my jaw journey, I've thought a lot about quotes like this. I know they're mainly referring to emotional/mental things like motivation, potential, and achievements, personality, acceptance etc. but is normal really so bad? For the past year or so, I've been wanting so badly for my jaw to be "normal". For the past month, I've been wanting to get back to "normalcy" which includes chewing, no swelling, no numbness, not lisping, and not drooling. So no. Normal is not always overrated, or boring, or bad. Normal can be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment